Construction Inspection Services
BUILDING OR REMODELING ? WE CAN HELP YOU AVOID THE PITFALLS.
Accredited Building Consultant’s, Inc. can help you in many ways if you are! We offer many services such as:
- Owner’s representative for all types of construction
- Construction Management
- Pre-contract consulting, cost analysis and feasibility.
- Review of all construction documents prior to and during construction
- In Progress inspections during construction for both quality assurance and performance
- Cost analysis for all change orders and or credits prior to you signing and approving
- Review closing costs
- Final inspections
- These are a few of the services provided by Accredited Building Consultants, Inc.
Accredited Building Consultants, Inc. specializes in all types of construction inspections. We are veterans in the industry with work experience and credentials in the building trades, professional supervision, and project management and inspection occupations. We are experienced in all phases and types of construction that are conventional to the Southwest Florida area.
In today’s market with limited experienced superintendents builders are hiring young inexperienced supervisors. Tradesmen are very limited due to many reasons. Did you know that for every five carpenters that retire today only one carpenter is filling their space. Trade and Vo-Tec schools don't have enough interest from young people to fill the classrooms and are laying off teachers or not filling the position when one retires. Many people do not know that your local governmental building inspectors inspect only for life safety issues they do not inspect for quality control. Let us put your mind at ease and allow us to inspect the work professionally to insure your investment is sound.
We will also assist and guide you along so that your relationship with your builder may be a pleasant one. We will help you understand the jargon and many of the construction lien laws that you will encounter. We will help you understand the construction practices of the area and help you avoid the pitfalls that sometimes lead to construction litigation. Our services have proven to assist builder’s to be more productive and reach higher levels of quality while cutting down on warranty service calls. Builders that we encounter welcome another pair of professional eyes watching over the project. We like to solve problems not make them. We work closely with builder’s talking their language, on your behalf.
We offer many services related to all types of construction projects. For new construction our most popular service is our in-progress inspection program. We have many customers with larger homes require up to 12 to 15 inspections but our most popular service is the five-inspection program. Here are six typical inspections that can be performed on your new building prior to construction. If you have already started construction or prefer to pick and choose we can perform any one of these inspections individually.
TYPICAL 5 INSPECTION PROGRAM
1. Inspection of the foundation: Inspector reviews soil conditions reports, footer and steel placement just prior to the pouring of concrete. (Stem wall construction only)
NOTE: In typical concrete construction in Southwest Florida, there are two types of foundations, monolithic which is when the slab and footers are poured all at once or Stem wall construction where the footer is poured, stem wall or block work laid then the slab is poured, requiring two inspections. In monolithic construction there is only one inspections. Hence six inspections for a stem wall constructed home.
2. Inspection of the slab: This inspection includes the review of horizontal and vertical steel, wire mesh placements, venting, plumbing and any and all under slab installations for both stem wall construction and monolithic slab systems.
3. Inspection of the tie beam steel placements: Prior to the pouring of concrete into the forms, all horizontal and vertical steel placements are reviewed. Comparisons to engineered drawings are evaluated.
4. Framing, Electrical, Air Conditioning and Plumbing, known as, “FEPAC”: This is the inspection of all the mechanical and framing systems in the rough stages, window and door installations, roof sheathing and truss engineering and bracing. This inspection is done prior to the building being insulated and drywall installed.
5. In progress installation of the roof coverings: This inspection covers the review of all membranes, flashing, metals and the installation of the final roof covering.
6. Pre- Closing final inspection: This is the final inspection of the project. Prior to you closing with your builder and taking possession of the building a thorough inspection of the overall structure and immediate surrounding property is inspected for compliance with accepted building practices and standards of quality and craftsmanship for the area and price range of the product. If you have no experience in the construction process the final inspection will help ensure that your new building is completed with safety, quality and craftsmanship.
STANDARDS, REPORTS AND PRICING
The standards used by Accredited Building Consultants, Inc. are those written by the National Association of Home Builder Performance Guidelines for Builders and Remodelers, latest edition. The Florida Building Code used by the applicable local building department at the time the home is being constructed. The manufacturers suggested installation Manuel of any given product and common standards and practices used and accepted in the area.
Each report is fully written in a narrative format with digital photographs. All deficiencies observed are noted and a copy of the report is e-mailed directly to you and or the builder upon your request within 12 hours of the site visit. This ensures that there are no construction delays and that the builder can remedy the deficiencies at once. Hard copies at an additional cost plus delivery.
NOTE ABOUT PRICING: Pricing below is for general purposes only, please call the office for an exact price for your particular project. Size, type and location dictate pricing, we would need to speak with you and/or see the plans and specifications prior to giving a firm price for the inspection services.
For new construction intermittent inspections (i.e. 1 thru 5) are billed at $ 250.00 TO $300.00 each. The final inspection is billed at $ 550.00 to $650.00 for a typical building up to a $250,000.00 contract price. Five intermittent inspections and a final inspection for a typical building is: $ 1,500.00 to $1,800.00 roughly 3/4% of the total price of the building. As you can see this is a small price to pay to have a liaison between you and the builder, a liaison who knows the business and is there to protect you, the consumer.
For buildings over $250,000.00 call for a quote but typically it works out to about 3/4 % of the contracted price of the building, excluding lot. For new construction on larger homes, condominiums, multifamily and commercial facilities you should call for a quote. For special projects like remodels call for quote.
Hourly rates are $ 150.00 per hour billed in 1/4 hr increments including portal to portal travel time. A refundable retainer is required at the signing of an agreement between the client and Accredited Building Consultants Inc. Retainer amounts will be disclosed prior to contract but are typically between $500.00 to $1,000.00. If required, costs for subsequent insurance by the builder will be borne by the client at the direct cost of the inspectors carrier, for example "additional insured".
Any re-inspections, telephone conversations, e-mails and or other correspondence with client or builder or their representatives and or sub-contractors are billed at the hourly rate and separately.
OTHER CONSTRUCTION INSPECTION SERVICES
Accredited Building Consultants, Inc. offers many types of construction related services.
If you are an absentee owner we can represent you in your construction project. If you are a cash buyer we can do progress inspection reports not only for work performed but also for quality and safety assurances. We always provide digital photographs in our reports but if you would like us to do video we can perform that service as well for an additional fee. We video downloaded via the Internet to you so that you can monitor your buildings progress. If you are cash buyer we have several construction and real estate related attorneys working with our firm that have capabilities to escrow funds, for disbursement, to the builder after inspections and all proper legal documents have been completed.
DON’T PAY TWICE FOR THAT SWIMMING POOL. Florida has a complex construction lien law that most people do not understand. We know and understand those laws and we can help protect your interests. You could pay twice for goods and services without proper representation.
DON’T GET CAUGHT IN LITIGATION. We can be a liaison between you and your builder. We can talk their talk all the while representing your financial interests. It’s more cost-effective to hire us during the construction rather than after as an expert witness during any litigation. We understand the industry and what’s acceptable and what isn’t. Pick up the phone or e-mail us today to set up your appointment. Let’s get your home built right the first time!
Sample reports available upon request as well as references.